In this lesson we are going to learn the basics of the string section. After a brief description of the section and its instruments, we will delve into the complex and diverse world of its techniques. Then we will also see how the sections are usually divided when in need of other colors or multiple lines.
At the end of the lesson you will have learnt:
- The background and function of the string section
- The parts of a string instrument
- Instrument makeup
- Instruments main features and functions
- Left-hand and right-hand common techniques
- Divisis: tutti, divisi, soli, and solo